Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What a week! Blame the eclipse last week...or prepare to blame the one next week.

This is the reason I started this blog. My good friends and former colleagues would all be chattering about what a tough week they'd had or what weird energy they were feeling and it'd signal in my head something I'd read in astrology. I'd let them know with my very limited understanding, that it was probably a full moon, or Mercury was in retrograde or like last week and next week - there's been / will be an eclipse. We'd all feel validated. 

I just noticed a trend of complaints on social media and from friends, so I thought I'd validate you guys again.....and then we can all just enjoy Thanksgiving. 


Last week on November 13 there was a solar eclipse. 

A solar eclipse is when the Moon passes between Earth and the Sun, blocking out the path between the Sun and the Earth.  The solar eclipse on November 13 lasted about 4 minutes. It took place when the Sun was in Scorpio (we are between the dates of October 23 and November 22 yes?) ....so this eclipse might affect those with Scorpio in their charts the most. 

What does this mean for us on earth? Eclipses are known, in the astrological world, to cause change or maybe stir up some tumultuous activity -  a shake up, something uncomfortable  - but all for the sake of change. Think about an eclipse making the ground shake over here, so you will move over there.  Eclipses usually bring about endings so something new can enter your life. Solar eclipses are always when it is a New Moon (the start of the lunar cycle), which is good for beginnings.


Next week, on November 28, will be another eclipse. Eclipses tend to run in pairs. This time it will be a lunar eclipse. A lunar eclipse is when the Earth comes between the Moon and the Sun blocking out the Sun's light to the Moon (the moon sits in the Earth's shadow). This eclipse will be in Gemini (which will be the sign of the Moon that day) and when the Moon is full. The Moon represents our emotional side, so while the solar eclipse may effect your more outward actions or thoughts, the lunar eclipse could effect your emotions. But in the end, these eclipses are all about change, transformation and shaking things up. What fun!


If I were to get deeper, I'd talk about your individual charts, and where Gemini and Scorpio sit in your charts.....you could play a game of match, trying to see what area of life these eclipses might effect. But I think that's getting a little complicated, because it even confuses me. But don't you doubt I'm about to go look it up for myself. I'll keep you posted on what is changing in my life, although I have a few pretty good ideas. 


The last eclipses were May 20 and June 4 of this year. I don't know what you all were doing but I was in the process of preparing to resign from my job of 9.5 years to start my own business. I'd call that a shake up! 


Here's a site that gives eclipses a little more explanation, if you'd like to read up on it.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/lunationseclipses.html

If  you are an over achiever and want the detailed explanation, check out

www.anneortelee.com




No comments:

Post a Comment